Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Kusina"

Kuisna or Cucina in Spanish literally means a kitchen. A nook for cooks and food lovers.
A kitchen is a
room used for food preparation. A modern kitchen is typically equipped with a stove or microwave oven and has a sink with water on tap for cleaning food and dishwashing. Modern kitchens often also feature a dishwasher. Some installations to store food usually also are present, either in the form of an adjacent pantry or more commonly cabinets and a refrigerator.
Although the main function of a kitchen is
cooking, it can be the center of activities as well, especially within homes, depending on its size, furnishing, and equipment. If a washing machine is present, washing and drying laundry is also done in the kitchen. The kitchen may also be the place where the family eats, provided it is large enough. Sometimes, it is the most comforting room in a house, where family and visitors tend to congregate.
I miss my kitchen back home. As soon as I get home, I'd be more than happy to show you how I am going to fix my test kitchen.

No comments: