Saturday, October 14, 2006

Birthday Cake For Angelica




Thank you to my relatives who patronize my cakes. Angelica,my niece celebrated her 7th birthday last September. I made this cake with my mom (thank you), we thought using rose buds to highlight Geca's young age. I used Italian buttercream which is syrup cooked to soft ball stage added in to frothy eggwhites. It is then whipped to medim peak stage, very soft butter is folded at low speed for better flavor and body. This icing works well with any cake, stable and egg-safe since eggwahite coagulates through the hot syrup. I piped out medium size shell borders and Fluer De Lis on all sides of the cake. The cake inside is flavored with coffee and orange. The doll's face in this cake is amazing, perfectly matches with Geca's age. To Geca, thanks for being there for Jiggy and thanks for sharing those special moments with him.

No comments: